- Everybody’s Daddy, Mother, Sister, Brother, Reunion, Celebration
Explanation: to remember the steps for long division.
Estimate, Divide, Multiply, Subtract, Bring down, Redo (all steps), Check (by multiplying the quotient – plus any remainder times the divisor).
- Students use compatible numbers to estimate the quotient.
- Then – follow each step to complete the division.
- ALWAYS check by multiplication to find the dividend.
- Note: If it is a decimal number that repeats – it will never be the exact dividend but will round to the exact dividend.