Explanation: To remember the general & preferred format in persuasive legal writing (e.g., Trial Brief on a Motion).
- C – State Conclusion on the issue (legal question).
- R – Rule of Law applied in making conclusion.
- E – Explanation of the Rule of Law (usually by pointing out its application by the courts in similar cases).
- A – Application of the Rule of Law to the facts of the present case.
- C – Restate conclusion as summary of the outcome derived from the Application to the present case.
Additional Note: When writing an objective legal document (e.g., interoffice memorandum), there may be variations in using CREAC or IRAC, depending on preference.