When A Joke Made Me A Joker,
Van Held The Poker,
The Fiery Poker,
But Long John Grant Had Gone
And Chased His Crazy Mooses
‘Round The West Hollering,
“Can’t Help Rinse Those Empty Kettles Just Now, Friend."
‘Cause Ronnie Beat Commies Bad.
Explanation: To remember the U. S. Presidents in order. The first letter of each word corresponds to the first letter of the last name of each president. “Chased" and “Crazy" both refer to Grover Cleveland and represent his two split terms. I know that the plural of “moose" is not “mooses," but that’s how it was taught to us. The mnemonic has remained unchanged from “When" to “Friend" for quite a while now.
- Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, (Quincy) Adams, Jackson,
- Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk,
- Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce,
- Buchanan, Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Garfield,
- Arthur, Cleveland, Harrison, Cleveland, McKinley,
- Roosevelt, Taft, Wilson, Harding,
- Coolidge, Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford,
- Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush
Additional Notes: Clearly, with each new president, change is required. Below, I included the most recent variations for our last six presidents.
- Colanders Rinse Bad Cabbage Best, Obviously
Come ‘Round By Charlie’s Bed Often
- Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama